Chris "the dragon" John


WBA world featherweight boxing champion Chris John of Indonesia will adopt a boxer style to defend his title against Rocky Juarez of the United States in Houston, Texas, next week.

Speaking to state news agency Antara from Houston, Chris described his challenger as a fighter, with a strong left hook which he had to avoid.

“I have to adopt a boxer style to face him, i.e. attack and run. I also have to keep my distance. If I’m too close, it could be too dangerous for me,” Chris John, the man dubbed "The Dragon," said.

"This week, I will keep doing my physical training to keep my weight stable and also improve my techniques,” he added.

The clash between Chris and Juarez is promoted by Golden Boy, owned by US boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Chris is currently under a three-year contract with the promoter through his representative in the United States, Sampson Lewkowicz.

A father of two, Chris earned his world title in 2003 and has not looked back since.

Most of his fights have taken place in Indonesia, Japan and Australia, of which he has won 42 (22 by K.O.), with one draw and no defeats.

Juarez, who won Olymipic gold in Sydney in 2000, has 28 victories (20 by K.O.) and four defeats.

The Chris-Juarez duel will be aired live in Indonesia by RCTI on Sunday morning Jakarta time.



Source : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/02/22/chris-john-adopt-boxer-style-beat-juarez.html