Glen Whelan-Credit's Due Where Credit Is Due

My last two posts have undoubtedly been emotional. It's been over 48 hours since the horrific injury to Aaron Ramsey and despite that fact I still feel the same way.

I'm still seething.

Despite the anger I have overlooked an important fact in this whole situation and I believe it needs to be addressed.

When Ramsey went down injured any player within the vicinity of him looked repulsed, traumatised and obviously shocked.

One man reacted quicker than anybody else and I have to applaud him. Stoke City's Glen Whelan.

That man ran to Ramsey and comforted him. His quick thinking helped Aaron in his time of need.

Not only did Whelan provide our Welshman with comfort, he kept him still and prevented Ramsey from seeing his leg which could have panicked him further.

It was nice to see from a player who was on the opposition.

Glen Whelan is someone who doesn't have a bad bone in his body and I think that credit's due where credit is due.

Well done that man.

Keep it Goonerish...............