Josep Guardiola Is At The Emirates This Week, I Hope It May Become More Permanent One Day

This may read more horrid than a Derek McGovern column but we have to concede that one day there will be life at Arsenal without Arsene Wenger at the helm.

Whoever steps into his shoes will have an absolutely massive job on their hands, most probably the second biggest job in football. The first, begrudgingly, I have to admit is whoever takes over at Manchester United after Ol' Red Nose.

It's going to take someone who can cope with the pressure of succeeding Wenger. Someone with nuts bigger than an unfortunate Elephantiasis sufferer, but also someone who shares the same philosophy as Arsene.

As Arsenal supporters we have become accustomed to watching the best style of football in the world. In truth the only other side to rival our brand of football is Wednesdays visitors to the Emirates, Barcelona.

I like watching Barcelona. Like us, they play football the right way and are very entertaining. Our Champions League tie will be spectacular and a great advert for the game of football.

This will be down to two managers with the same principles and ideas. Arsene Wenger and Josep Guardiola.

I honestly feel that Guardiola could be the man to lead Arsenal in our next era. In fact, I'm convinced he is the right man to do the job. And I think he would relish the opportunity to do so to.

In the past it has been said that the Barca manager would love to manage in England and especially in London. I think he is far too classy for that lot down at Slagford Bridge and definitely too good for the other mob at Shite Fart Lane. That only leaves us doesn't it?

We will see Guardiola patrolling the away technical-area, well I hope that he will be the next man after Wenger to patrol the home one.

Despite writing all this I still believe that Arsene Wenger is the man for Arsenal. I hope you, my fellow Gooners, don't think that I am trying to write him-off! Far from it in fact.

I love the man to bits but its just an opinion of mine that I'd like Guardiola to eventually take over his mantle. He'd be the right man.

Whoever gets the job in the future will be a very privileged man but also one who has to walk into Wenger's shadow. Josep is strong enough and more than good enough to do so.

Guardiola has great qualities and has been very successful in recent times but I wouldn't put him in Wenger's league yet. He will be, eventually, and I hope that he is Arsenal gaffer when he gets there!

Keep it Goonerish..............