Mexico Internationals Could Kill Carlos Vela's Arsenal Career

It's not Carlos Vela's fault that he is a Mexican, and I have no doubt that he is fiercely proud to be one, but going away to play for Mexico is having a bad effect on his Arsenal career.

In fact, it could be killing it.

Of course being chosen to play for your country is a fantastic honour, it would be for anyone, and you cannot stop players from doing so. But to me, it appears that Vela plays more for Mexico than he does Arsenal.

He is such a big talent but it's such a bigger shame that we have yet to see the best of Carlos in an Arsenal shirt. We've seen flashes of what he can do, but we haven't seen enough because frankly, he hasn't played enough.

I know that he is young and that Arsene Wenger is easing him into English football but I thoroughly believe that the Arsenal gaffer would use him a lot more if he was actually available!

It seems that when Vela goes on these long trips to play for Mexico he either comes back injured or is suffering from jet-lag and it must be very frustrating for Wenger to consistently not be able to pick Carlos in his squad as a result.

Vela's Arsenal career has been stop-start and you have to feel for the boy because, as promising as he is, he isn't actually getting the chance to have a run in the side and I think its because of the games he plays for Mexico.

The likes of Brazil and Argentina come over to Europe quite a lot to play their international friendly matches. This is mainly because their players are based in Europe so maybe an option for Mexico would be to do the same.

It would certainly help the jet-lag factor!

As frustrating as it is to have yet seen Vela's Arsenal career explode I think we have to have patience with him. I know we've had plenty of patience over the years but in my opinion Carlos Vela is a special case.

This kid will make it and make it big. I really believe that. Wenger has faith and has invested a lot of time with him so I know that Carlos has a great chance at Arsenal.

I only hope that that patience doesn't wear thin because of the fact he never seems available! That may sound stupid but I'd hate to see him shine at another club, because he would.

The question is; How do you deal with it?

Keep it Goonerish.................