An Open Letter To Derek McGovern. Anti-Arsenal? Maybe This is Proof?

Derek McGovern is a Betting columnist from the Daily Mirror newspaper. I'll be honest, I usually find him quite funny.

Today however, he disgusted me. You can read his article here. If there is any proof needed that an anti-Arsenal feeling is doing the rounds in the media then maybe this is it.

Below is an e-mail I've written to him. I hope to get a reply although I doubt it. It would be even better if he came on here but does he have the bollocks? Again, I doubt it.

Dear Derek,

I just wanted to say that I'm very disappointed with your article today titled "Wenger paranoia is Shaw embarrassing".

I usually love your column and have even defended you from my father who thinks you are a "donut". After reading today I'm inclined to think that he maybe right.

First off how can you say Sol Campbell ensured that Ryan Shawcross got a red card? Maybe the fact Aaron Ramsey, a 19 year old with a fantastic future, was lying there with his leg hanging off could have had something to do with it!

You then say that Shawcross is 'wholly innocent'. If you have done any research then you have known that the 'innocent' Shawcross has previous. At 22 years of age he has now broken 2 legs of fellow professional players (Francis Jeffers and Aaron Ramsey) with rash horrible tackles and also badly damaged Emmanuel Adebayor's ankle in a challenge that wasn't even on the field of play!

Next off you speak of Wengers 'spiteful comments' about Shawcross. Where, in any interview has he named Ryan? He hasn't. You have fallen for the media spin, much like Tony Pulis. Arsene speaks of bad tackles on his players, he doesn't mention Shawcross but then you wouldn't notice that would you?

You talk of Arsene Wenger being a 'visually-impaired Frenchman who has lost le plot', well maybe you need your eyes tested too and even your ears syringed. Maybe you are from France too.

Derek, you say Sky's decision to not show the incident meant it allowed 'Wenger's disgraceful assault on Shawcross's character to go unchallenged'. Can you please point out to me where Wenger does 'assault Ryan's character' please, because I can't see it.

Maybe Sky have learnt from the Eduardo situation and decided that the viewing of a 19-year-old having his leg snapped was a little distasteful. Who knows?

The next point is laughable, almost as laughable as your joke of a column, you say that Shawcross's tackle was never a red card-it wasn't even a foul-while the penalty decision was a sick joke.

UNBELIEVABLE!

What warrants a red card or a foul then Mr McGovern? Someone pulling out a machine-gun and slaughtering the opposition? Maybe that is not enough for someone as bloodthirsty as you. How about a nuke bomb taking out England and the rest of Europe? Maybe a booking?

As for the penalty decision being a joke, was it not handball? And as a matter of fact, did you actually watch the game? I ask because Aaron Ramsey should have had a penalty early in the second half and Nicklas Bendtner should have had a blatant one in stoppage time.

Derek, you say Wenger seemed unwilling to pontificate on that, so why have you not mentioned the two 'other' stone-wall penalties we deserved? By my reckoning Arsenal should have had 3 penalties.

Egg on your face?

I'll leave it at that and I doubt you will reply because you will probably be too busy making up other hilarious quips on distasteful matters. If you want you can even reply on my own Arsenal blog www.wrighty7.blogspot.com and maybe explain your article.

I look forward to hearing from you. As I'm sure many Gooners are.

Wrighty

Keep it Goonerish....................