I Think Arsene Wenger Will Get Tough This Summer

The defeat to Wigan was only a few hours ago but I'm already seeing the 'Wenger out' brigade in full force.

Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated too. The performance today was limper than Pele's todger and even more embarrassing than seeing your Father dancing at a family wedding.

To lose after leading two-nil with only ten minutes left felt like Mike Tyson had taken a run-up and punched you fully in your face. It hurt. Badly.

Yes the defeat was painful, but sacking Wenger isn't the answer. I honestly believe that despite the lack of silverware he is still the right man for Arsenal Football Club.

It's easy to say 'Bring in Jose Mourinho' and the like but life isn't that straight forward. It isn't Championship Manager.

That's not to say that aren't people out there who could do a job for Arsenal. Josep Guardiola for example................

Anyhow I have a theory that Arsene Wenger is at the end of his tether with this bunch of players. At the beginning of February I wrote this. I stand by that.

I think its the end of the road for some of this squad. Game over. Finito.

Wenger has hinted at signings this Summer and although he has said the same in the past I actually think he means it this time.

I expect some investment in the team. None of this 'killing players' bollocks. Wenger is pissed and I actually feel that he is going to be ruthless.

In my opinion he put a lot of faith into the current crop and now feels let-down. I don't blame him really.

I'm more than willing to give Arsene more time. I don't believe he is the be-all and end-all to Arsenal but he hasn't 'lost it'.

Mark my words. This Summer we will see changes at Arsenal. For the better.

Keep it Goonerish...........