Will Ian Wright Like Us Again If We Save His Son?

I've read with interest that Arsene Wenger is 'preparing a cut-price £5m move' for Shaun Wright-Philips.

The source has come from the 'very reliable' Sun newspaper, which probably makes the story about as reliable as a chocolate fire-guard. Yummmm, chocolate fire-guard.

Anyway, over the past decade we have been linked with SWP probably over a million and one times so where is the harm in linking him to Arsenal again? After all, it's almost silly season!

I think in the past Wenger has admitted a fleeting interest in Ian Wright's son. It's a bit like when you catch a glimpse of a 'beautiful' women, turn to check her out, only to realise the women looks as good as a cross between Harry Redknapp and Iain Dowie.

You thought you saw a sort but in truth the reality was different. These mistakes can happen. We are homo-sapiens after all.

I can't see it happening but I wonder whether Ian Wright might actually start to like us again if it did.

Wrighty gets a mixed reaction from Gooners these days. Some still worship him, others think he has become a turn-coat. Some people think I named this blog after Ian Wright. I didn't, Wright is my surname too and Wrighty is a nickname of mine.

Sometimes I wish I still had my child-hood image of Ian Wright ingrained in my mind. Then he could do no wrong. I loved him, like a brother.

These days I have a different opinion of him. He seems bitter about Arsenal to me and never hesitates to stick the boot in. I think he might be bitter because we never signed his son and let him leave.

Of course, he is entitled to his own opinion but I just wish he stuck up for Arsenal more than having a dig.

As a matter of fact a lot of ex-Arsenal players who go into the media seem to take up the trend of having a pop at us whenever possible. I think its wrong.

Enough of the media have a go at us already without Arsenal 'Icons and Legends' taking the same route. It's almost as if its the way to remain in your job. They probably get a pay-rise for every anti-Arsenal remark they make.

Charlie Nicholas is the exception. That man sticks up for us all the time and in my view is the benchmark for how the others should be.

You will never hear a former Manchester United player having a pop at United or a former Liverpool player having a go at Liverpool and that is how it should be.

Why do these former Gunners go into the media and constantly whinge about Arsenal and what they should do?

Keep it Goonerish............