Well Surely That Argument Is Finally Killed Off?

How people can say that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer on the planet while Lionel Messi is around is beyond me.

That little Argentinian git has more talent in his little toe-nail than Rooney has in his whole body. The boy is unbelievable, as we found out tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted we are out of the Champions League. I honestly believed that we would beat Barcelona but sometimes you have to give praise when its due, even if it hurts to say it.

We Gooners have just seen the greatest player in this generation and in my opinion a player who will surpass even the likes of Pele and Diego Maradona as the best footballer of all-time.

Well that's enough of my Messi arse-licking. I'm sure Andy Gray and the media will do more than enough of that.

What of Arsenal? I just hope we can pick ourselves up for the rest of the Premiership campaign.

This season we have shown good character when needed and holy shit we need some of that now.

We have just over a week until our next game, against those wankers from down the road, and the gap in games could go either way.

Sometimes you need to play straight away to get over a result like tonight's but obviously we won't be. A weeks rest will either do us good or it could fester in the players minds.

I think the result won't be too damaging. The players know that they have just come up against a cracking side who have an even more cracking player in their ranks.

If anything tonight should spur them on.

As I've said, it's disappointing to lose but it's no disgrace to be beaten by who we have just lost too.

The way Barca have played over two-legs would have seen them knock any club out.

I genuinely hope that Barcelona win the trophy now. They play the right way and Arsenal could learn a lot from them.

We play a similar way but I think that they are better without the ball. The hard-work and pressure they put on opponents is quite amazing.

For now let's get behind the boys in our final push for the Premiership title. We can do it and we have to believe it.

Keep it Goonerish.............