Where Is The Pride When Wearing THE Arsenal Shirt?

I can't believe what I am seeing!

Just what is happening at our football club?

A few games ago we were fighting for the Premiership title but now we are looking nervously over our shoulders in case we finish below the likes of Manchester City or, dare I say it, Spurs.

Luckily for us there is a lack of games remaining and they both face each other so third place is in our hands.

For this I'm thankful because I dread to think what would have happened had there been five games to go with us in this type of form.

Lately we have been nothing short of a disgrace and in total honesty a lot of these players do not deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt.

It pains me to say that.

I can accept defeat but only if the players wearing the Red and White of Arsenal have given everything. In recent games we have given nothing.

It has been embarrassing.

Barely a handful of players can hold their heads up after this dismal run. The main man has been Sol Campbell. And to think people doubted him re-signing.

At the moment I wish we had eleven Sol Campbell's on the pitch. The geezer has been fantastic and I'm gutted that he influence isn't rubbing off on this side as much as it should be.

He gives everything and wears the Arsenal shirt with pride. He knows what it means to wear the Cannon on his chest.

I don't want to single out any Arsenal players for criticism. We all know who isn't pulling their weight but I don't think that they either care or are bothered that we, the fans, are pulling our hair out at what we are seeing at the moment.

Too many of our players have got too much to say and they don't back it up. To be honest I'm beginning to become sick of it.

All season-long I've backed this Arsenal squad and I feel like a big of a mug. Like Arsene Wenger I've shown my faith in the players and that faith has smashed me back hard in the mouth.

I don't entirely blame Wenger for this disgusting run of games but he has to shoulder some of it. He can only motivate as much as he can but its up to the players when they cross that white-line to perform for Arsenal Football Club. For us, the supporters.

To be frank the players have acted as though the season ended the night we lost in Barcelona. What a liberty.

Where is the pride? Where is the passion? Why haven't we seen the season out in a proper fashion?

I think a shake-up is in order. We need to mix it up a bit. I'd keep the majority of this squad but adding to it is essential.

Marouane Chamakh is said to be a done deal and as we all know Wenger loves a bargain. I'd get Joe Cole from Chelsea. Available on a free, a winner and a player who would fit in Arsenal's style of play.

A new keeper is a must. Its a shame to say but our keepers at present have become diabolical liabilities. Signing Cole and Chamakh on free transfers gives Arsene more spending power.

Get Joe Hart. I'm pretty sure he would jump at the chance to join us.

I'd keep Sol Campbell for another year but I'd sign a top quality centre-back too. I hate to say it but I reckon William Gallas is off and Silvestre is on his toes.

A new injection of talent will give us the kick up the arse we need. I think we have become complacent and the recent run of form could back that up.

Arsene Wenger has proved in the past he can be ruthless with his players. We need to see that ruthlessness again. I just hope Wenger hasn't become complacent himself.

Us, the Gooners, would sweat blood for the Arsenal shirt. We haven't been privileged enough to have the talent that our players have been bestowed with. That may well be the case but I guarantee I'd put in more effort than most of this lot have in recent games.

How sad is that?

Keep it Goonerish........................